What’s better than chocolate and peanut butter? Nothing, that’s what. Ok well maybe cheesecake, but that’s just my pregnant mind jumping in. Anyway, back to this whole chocolate peanut butter thing. I’ve been craving pie. While browsing the Jamie Cooks It Up blog, my eyes wandered across more than a few tasty looking pies. And these days once I get my mind set on something there’s just no changing it.
So, here we are. Not only have I made a pie, this is my very own recipe. I love getting recipes to try from fellow bloggers, but it’s nice to concoct one of your own every now and then. I was concerned the peanut butter would be too rich, but it was surprisingly just right. The texture was nice and creamy, and the crust made for the perfect balance of flavors. Oh and this time I cheated a little. Rather than make my own pie crust a purchased one of the pre-mades from the grocery. I won’t tell if you don’t.
Here’s the only catch, I’m knew to this whole make your own recipe thing, so this recipe made a little more than a pie’s worth. Stay tuned for what I’ve done with the extra filling, it should be just as yummy as the pie itself!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
adapted by Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 Package Chocolate Instant pudding
1 1/2 cups Milk
8 oz. Package Cream Cheese
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar
4 oz. Cool Whip (thawed)
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Beat the peanut butter and cream cheese in standing mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar to mixture, beat until smooth.
- Add Cool Whip, beat. Make sure all ingredients have combined well.
- In separate bowl whisk pudding mixture with milk and add to peanut butter mixture.
- Now put the filling in your crust and let set in the refrigerator for at least one hour. I suggest serving with a glass of milk.